Allianz Saudi Fransi (“Allianz”, “we”, “us” or “our”), a part of the Allianz Group and regulated by SAMA (Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency) is a Saudi Arabian authorized insurance company providing insurance products and services
We appreciate your visit to our website and your interest in our services and products. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable visiting our site. This privacy notice explains how and what type of personal data will be collected, processed and used during and following your visits to our website, why is it collected, with whom it is shared and your rights in this regards.
Please read this notice carefully.
1. Who is the data controller?
A data controller is the individual or legal person who controls and is responsible to keep and use personal data in paper or electronic files. We are the data controller as defined by relevant data protection laws and regulation.
2. What personal data will be collected?
When you visit our website, our web server automatically records details about your visit including:
- IP address;
- Website from which you visited us;
- The type of browser software used;
- Our website pages that you visit; and
- The date and duration of your visit to our website
We will also collect and process various types of personal data, including:
- First Name and Title;
- Contact Details;
- Company name, Business or Profession;
3. How will we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- For technical administration, research and development of our website;
- For customer and user administration and marketing;
- To maintain business relationships;
- To conduct research and analysis with regard to our business relations;
- To inform you about our events, services, products and news when you visit our website or when you subscribe to our newsletter or mailing lists;
- To facilitate compliance with securities law, public company listing requirements and related laws and regulations;
- For fraud prevention and detection;
- To comply with any legal obligations (eg. Tax, accounting and administration obligations)
For the purpose indicated above, we will process personal data we receive about you from public and commercial databases.
We will inform you where we require your consent to process your personal data. Otherwise, we will process your personal data to meet out legitimate business interest (including maintain contact with clients, providing updates and information about us, organizing and hosting events and conducting marketing research and analysis) or where it is needed to comply with a legal obligation. In addition, we may also process your personal data to enter into a contract with you, or to perform our obligations under an existing contract with you.
We respect applicable laws and regulations in its use of personal data.
4. Are cookies used on our website?
Tracking technology helps us manage and improve the usability of our website, for example by detecting whether there has been any contact between your computer and us in the past and to identify the most popular sections of our website.
Based on a more detailed description on the usage of cookies our Cookies Management Tool helps you to manage your cookies preferences including providing consent. The link to the respective Cookies Management Tool you find below. You can withdraw your consent to the usage of certain cookies any time using the before mentioned tool.
When you have cookie settings, they should also apply to your future visits to our website. However, for technical reasons beyond our control, this cannot be guaranteed. For example, if you reset your browser, delete your cookies or access our website from another browser or device, your cookie settings may be lost. To apply with applicable laws and regulations, in some countries you may be asked to confirm your cookie settings when you first visit our website. If you are in a country where you are automatically required to set your cookie settings, you may be asked to set them again on a future visit.
In many cases you can also control tracking technologies using your browser. Please ensure that your browser setting reflects whether you wish to be warned about and/or accept tracking technologies (such as cookies) where possible. The specific capabilities of your browser and instructions on how to use them can usually be found in the manual or help file of your browser.
Without tracking technologies the availability of the services provided by our website may be reduced, or parts of our website may no longer function correctly.
Cookie Settings (Pop- up Click Button)
5. How are social media plug-ins used on our website?
Our website uses the following social media plug-ins (“plug-ins”):
- Share button on Facebook, powered by Facebook Inc.
- Share button on LinkedIn, operated by LinkedIn Corporation.
- Share button on Instagram, powered by Instagram.
All plug-ins are indicated with the brand names of the respective operators Facebook, Google, Twitter and LinkedIn (“Operator”). To increase the level of data protection and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we have implemented the additional programs by means of a so-called 2-click solution. This procedure ensures that when you visit our website, no direct connection of your browser to the servers of the Operator is established. Only if you activate the plug-ins by clicking on them and thereby grant your consent to the data transfer, your browser establishes a direct connection to the server of the respective Operator. The content of the plug-ins is then transmitted by the Operators directly to your browser and integrated by them to the website.
By accepting the plug-in the Operator receives the information that your browser has accessed our website. If you logged in to your account when you visited our website, the Operator can connect your visit to your account directly. If you interact with the plug-in, e.g clicking on the Facebook button, the +1 button and the Tweet button or the LinkedIn “Share” button, the data will be transferred directly from your browser to the Operator and saved by the Operator. In addition, the information will be published on the relevant social network or on your Twitter account and will be visible to your contacts. If you do not want this data transfer to the Operators, you must log out of your respective account before you click on the plug-ins and activate them.
6. Who will have access to personal data collected through our website?
We will ensure that your personal data is processed in a manner that is compatible with the purposes indicated above.
For the specified purposes, your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties who operate as third party data controllers upon obtaining non-objection letter from the regulator:
- Other Allianz Group companies;
- Authorized agents and third party service providers
For the stated purposes, we may also share your personal data upon obtaining non-objection letter from the regulator with the following parties who operate as data processors under our instruction:
- Other Allianz Group companies;
- Authorized agents, service providers and research analysis agencies; and
- Facilitators, consultants or experts managing communications and Allianz sponsored events.
We do not share your personal data with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
Finally, we may share your personal data in the following instances with law enforcement agencies, government and regulatory bodies to meet applicable legal or regulatory obligations.
7. Where will collected personal data be processed?
Your personal data may be processed inside Saudi Arabia by the parties specified above, subject always to contractual restrictions regarding confidentiality and security in line with applicable local data protection laws and regulations. We will not disclose your personal data to parties who are not authorized to process them.
Whenever we transfer your personal data for processing by another Allianz Group company, we will do so on the basis of Approval and non –objection from the local regulator and on Allianz’ approved biding corporate rules known as the Allianz Privacy Standard (Allianz’ BCRs) which establish adequate protection for personal data and are legally binding on all relevant Allianz Group companies. Where Allianz’ BCRs do not apply, we will instead ensure that the transfer of your personal data receives an adequate level of protection.
8. What are your rights in respect of your personal data?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data held about you and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and ends of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s) and the parties to whom the data may be disclosed;
- Withdraw your consent at any time where your personal data is processed with your consent;
- Update or correct your personal data so that it is always accurate;
- Request to delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated above;
- Request that your personal data will be restricted from processing in certain circumstances, for example where you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy;
- Obtain your personal data in an electronic format;
- File a complaint with us and/or the relevant data protection authority; and
- Object to us processing your personal data, or tell us to stop processing it (including for purposes of direct marketing).
9. What security measures have we implemented to protect your information collected through our website?
We have implemented reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data collected by Allianz via our website against unauthorized access, misuse, loss or destruction.
10. How do we treat electronic messages sent to and from us?
All electric messages sent to and from us are protected by reasonable technical and organizational measures and may only be accessed in justified cases in line with applicable laws and regulations (e.g court order, suspicion of criminal conduct, violation of regulatory obligations) to specific persons in defined functions (e.g Local, Compliance, Risk). Every step of the process, as well as the search criteria used, are logged in an audit trail. All mails are disposed of after the applicable retention period has expired.
11. What should you consider when sending data over the Internet?
The Internet is generally not regarded as a secure environment, and information sent via the Internet, (such as to and from our website or via electronic message) may be accessed by unauthorized third parties, potentially leading to disclosures, changes in content or technical failures. Even if both sender and receiver are located in the same country, information sent via the Internet may be transmitted across international borders and be forwarded to a country with a lower data protection level than in your country of residence.
We do not accept responsibility or liability for the security of your information whilst in transit over the Internet to us. In order to protect your privacy, you may choose another means of communication with us, where you deem it appropriate.
12. How long is personal data retained for?
We will retain your personal data for ten years from the date the insurance relationship ends unless a longer retention period is required or as permitted by law.
13. How can you contact us?
If you have any queries about how we use your personal data, you can contact us by email or post as follows:
Allianz Saudi Fransi Cooperative Insurance Company
Data Protection Officer,
Allianz Saudi Fransi Head Quarter, Riyadh, Khorais Road, Khaleej Bridge
P.O. Box 3540 Riyadh 11481, Saudi Arabia
14. How often is this Privacy Notice updated?
We regularly review this privacy notice. We will ensure the most recent version is available on our website. Allianz SF may periodically change, modify or otherwise revise the Privacy Notice without prior notification.
This privacy notice was last updated in Feb 2020.